5 reasons your business needs website personalization
When it comes to marketing in today’s landscape, it is tough to stand out from the crowd. There are so many options, saturated markets and more competitors than ever. How can B2B marketers cut through the noise and get noticed by their ideal clients? Dynamic personalization is the answer. Real-time website personalization works by updating the site as users land on it — so website visitors will receive a bespoke web experience they won’t forget. From accurate tailored recommendations to an entirely bespoke homepage experience, website personalization technology can take your business to the next level. Here are five crucial reasons your business needs to embrace personalization — and the stats to support it.
Boost your engagement
An engaged audience is what all businesses need to thrive. Customers should be reading and sharing your content, clicking through to your website and being all-round inspired by your brand. The best way to ensure your customers feel this way is by treating them as individuals and not as a mass market. Especially when they get to the hub of your business — your website. It’s time to get personal and see the results fast.
- According to PR Newswire, 79% of consumers are only likely to engage with an offer if it has been personalized based on previous interactions with the brand.
- 78% of internet users said personally relevant content (personalized content) from brands increases their intent to buy, according to Instapage.
- 87% of marketers report a measurable lift from personalization efforts, according to Evergage.
Personalization boosts your conversion
Businesses need customers to convert. That’s what keeps them going. But how do marketers encourage prospects to become customers? You guessed it; personalization and customization. Boost your conversions with accurate product recommendation, customized calls to action, and increased opportunities to upsell and cross-sell. You can even guide prospects through their buyer journey based on their behavior — send the necessary prompts and reminders to make sure website visitors convert.
- According to Epsilon, 80% of customers are more likely to purchase a product or service from a brand that provides personalized experiences.
- Instapage found that tons of consumers are happy to share personal information if it means they’ll receive personalized offers and discounts — 63% of millennials, 58% of Gen Xers, and 46% of baby boomers.
- A HubSpot study found that personalizing calls to action increased conversions by more than 200% over a six-month period.
You can learn more about the importance of conversion rates and how personalization plays positively impacts it here.
Personalization commands a premium
This may come as a pleasant surprise, but people will pay more for personalization. Customers are willing to spend more money, more regularly, and even wait longer if it means their experience is tailored to them. We all lead busy lives and will often be more than happy to splash out a little more if it will make things easier — business decision makers included.
- 77% of consumers have chosen, recommended, or paid more for a brand that provides a personalized service or experience, according to Forrester.
- A Deloitte study found that 36% of consumers are interested in purchasing personalized products, and 48% would be willing to wait longer to receive it.
- Figaro Digital found that loyal customers buy 90% more frequently and spend 60% more with your brand.
Website personalization shows you understand your customers
Strong customer relationships are the foundation of your business success. Businesses that thrive today are the ones that don’t just have customers; they have fans. Create a loyal following by giving your customers what they want, when they want it, and showing them that you care about them.
- Evergage found that 74% of marketers find that personalization has a ‘strong’ or ‘extremely strong’ impact on customer relationships.
- 63% of consumers would think more positively of a brand if it gave them valuable, interesting and relevant content, according to Instapage
- Instapage also found that 81% of consumers want brands to get to know them and understand when to approach them (and when not to!).
Read more here about the importance of strong customer relationships.
It will boost your brand
Your reputation is and always has been in the hands of your customer. Now more than ever. Customers are craving personalization and they need your brand to step it up. If they love your brand, they’ll want to let their friends — and in some cases, the whole world — know about you. Social media is a powerful tool, so whether the user experience is good or bad can make all the difference.
- Segment found that only 22% of shoppers are satisfied with the level of personalization the currently receive.
- Wunderman found that more than half of UK customers feel loyal brands that understand their preferences.
- According to Inc. 84% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust their friends.
Discover more about how CX and personalization can boost your brand here.
So, as you can see, personalization offers huge rewards. It puts your customers first, sees a great return, boosts your marketing efforts across the board and improves your reputation. The sooner you embrace personalization technology, the better. Start by discovering Webeo — the global leading website personalization software solution. Webeo creates tailored web experiences based on the IP address of the business visiting the site. Alter the imagery, language, calls to action and content that your key prospects and customers see when they land on your site, for the ultimate in personalized marketing.
Experience the power of website personalization with Webeo and book your demonstration today!