“Personalization is the automatic tailoring of sites and messages to the individuals viewing them, so that we can feel that somewhere there’s a piece of software that loves us for who we are.” – David Weinberger, technologist, speaker and author
When it comes to modern-day marketing, it’s all about getting personal. With access to hordes of data, users who are happy to share information to get a bespoke service, and readily available technology to make it all easier — there really is no excuse for mass marketing in today’s market! According to SalesForce, 57% of consumers are willing to share personal data in exchange for personalized discounts, and 62% of consumers expect companies to send personalized offers based on previous purchases. Personalized marketing presents a number of great opportunities. Upsell and cross-sell to existing customers. Send appropriate communications to warm leads to guide them along their user journey. Greet visitors by name; welcome them back and create the ultimate account-based marketing experience. The possibilities of personalization are vast — and there’s no doubt they’re growing!
“Instead of one-way interruption, personalized marketing is about delivering value at just the right moment that a user needs it.” – David Meerman Scott, online marketing strategist and author
Marketing is often all about timing. How often have you made a purchase because you saw the perfect product, in the right place, at exactly the right time? That’s what real-time website personalization is all about. Don’t shout into the void — give leads landing on your site exactly what the want and need to see. As visitors land on your site, website personalization software tailors their experience based on who they are. Using behavioral targeting, it feeds them personalized website content and personalized recommendations. Here are five crucial statistics to show you how real time personalization is impacting marketing as we know it:
- An Evergage study found that the vast majority of marketers — 87%, to be exact — report a measurable lift from their personalization efforts. A huge number of marketers embracing personalization are seeing success. Thanks to improved recommendations and relevant content, marketers will see improvements to website optimization and appear higher up the search engine ranks, as well as notice a measurable ROI and benefit from a reduced bounce rate.
- CMO found that marketers personalizing their web experiences see an average of 19% uplift in sales. If maximizing sales, creating more revenue and acquiring new customers are all part of your wider business strategy, then personalization is your key to success. Reap the rewards of a satisfied customer base and new clients!
- Just 24% of marketers are utilizing website personalization, according to Evergage. Although it’s not a new concept — personalization maturity is behind the curve. The most successful brands — the Amazons, Facebook and Pandoras of the world — are lightyears ahead when it comes to personalized content. Embrace it now, or risk falling further behind.
- According to Business2Community, almost three quarters of customers are frustrated by website content that is not personalized. Your customers expect site personalization. They don’t just want it — they are actively annoyed when websites are not personalized to meet their needs and enhance their experience. Adopt web personalization to create an experience that is memorable for all the right reasons — and not because they found your website frustrating.
- According to Evergage, 45% of marketers don’t feel they have sufficient data and insights to drive effective personalization. Personalization requires research, time and effort — you can’t rush it. With almost half of marketers lacking what they need to succeed, you’ll be one step ahead by utilizing effective website personalization tools. With so many available, it’s important to get it right. Select a real time personalization software that is reliable, reputable, and makes use of high-quality data. You can find out more about Webeo and its numerous benefits here.
“When you do successfully deliver hyper-relevant, right-moment, right-channel content, you’re more likely to be the email they’ll click on, the website experience they’ll engage with, or the social post they’ll share.” – Michael Brenner, CEO of Marketing Insider Group
Real time personalization is the final piece of the puzzle. As marketing communications become more and more bespoke, a static, one-size-fits-all website becomes less useful. If we’re tailoring the communications that drive traffic to our websites, then why should the page users land on be any different? Streamline your personalization efforts with website personalization software. Greet your dream clients, current prospects and existing customers with real time content personalization that meets their individual needs. From personal greetings and relevant imagery to bespoke calls to action, your website visitors will receive an experience they won’t forget.
Webeo is a leader in website personalization technology, presenting multiple personalization options and an unmatched IP address database. Discover the power of personalization today and request your free demonstration today!