Real time personalization is the next evolution for B2B websites. But, it is not a new concept altogether. Consumer brands are already mastering individual, dynamic website experiences — think about ecommerce brands like Amazon. They are paving the way in quality personalized marketing and reaping the rewards. B2B organizations are lightyears behind consumer brands when it comes to creating these highly-personalized experiences. But it’s time for them to step up and impress business decision makers. Outside of their careers, B2B buyers are consumers. We all are. As buyers, we have become extremely acquainted with bespoke website experiences, personalized content, and easy-to-navigate user journeys. So, why should a B2B buyer’s experience with your product or service be any different? Discover how tailoring your website to meet the needs of individual visitors could revolutionize your business.
What is on site personalization?
Website personalization is the process of developing the perfect website for every visitor. Making use of high-quality data, marketers can change the appearance, content, and language used on your site. This way, users will receive an experience that suits them specifically. Think about when you land on an ecommerce site. Often, the images, language, content and product recommendations you see will be based on your previous engagements with the site, purchase history, and it has acquired about you. And, users respond really well to it. In fact, according to SalesForce, more than half of consumers are willing to share personal data if it means they’ll receive offers and discounts tailored to them. There are a number of ways marketers can personalize their website for specific visitors; from using a segmentation strategy to find out what their audience wants, to undertaking an ABM approach that targets a set of dream prospects. Whichever you decide to use, ensure you pair it with an effective marketing strategy, with customer personalization at the heart of it.
Does it really work for B2Bs?
The simple answer is yes. Online personalization for B2B organizations works effectively. B2B marketers have simply fallen behind consumer brands. According to Neil Patel, 59% of marketers say they don’t personalize content because they don’t have the technology or resources. However, only 4% state that they don’t have the need for it, and just 6% say they tried, but it didn’t work well. So, it seems that B2B marketers understand the value of on site personalization, they are just a little behind the curve when it comes to executing it. It’s crucial for business marketers to embrace the available technology, make use of their quality customer data, and gain a focus on improving customer experience. After all, B2B buyers still want a simple, enjoyable experience with your brand. Like most consumer marketing trends and evolutions, B2B soon follows in its footsteps and fully adopt the process.
Why you need on site personalization
Consumers are increasingly demanding bespoke, tailored marketing experiences. B2B buyers included! It creates unforgettable experiences, increases relevancy, improves the chances of conversion and more. If you’re creating individualized marketing communications and digital advertising campaigns — that’s a great start! But what happens when an engaged lead lands on your website? If the web experience is generalized and irrelevant to them, they are unlikely to convert, or even explore your site. This will lower your bounce rate, decrease your conversion opportunities, negatively affect your SEO and could be detrimental to your brand. Personalized web pages streamline your digital touchpoints to create the ultimate bespoke experience. If you’re not already convinced, here are ten statistics to show you why website personalization is a necessity.
● InstaPage found that 63% of consumers said they’d think more positively of a brand if it gave them content that was more valuable, interesting, or relevant.
● According to Epsilon Marketing, 80% of consumers are more likely to do business with a company that offers personalized experiences.
● Personalization can increase the efficiency of marketing spend by up to 30%, according to McKinsey.
● Neil Patel found that 80% of businesses using a personalization strategy found it more or much more effective than impersonalized content.
● InstaPage found that almost three quarters of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized.
● Monetate found that 79% of organizations that exceeded their revenue goal had a personalization strategy in place.
● Evergage found that 77% of consumers have chosen, recommended or paid for a brand that provides a personalized service or experience.
● Personalized homepage promotions influenced 85% of consumers to buy, according to InstaPage.
● According to Neil Patel, more than 80% of marketers that have adopted personalization have found it either more effective or much more effective.
● Monetate found that a lack of content relevancy generates 83% lower response rates for the average marketer.
According to Marketing Charts, 40% of marketers say that the biggest personalization challenge is gaining insight quickly enough. Similarly, 30% say it’s having enough data, and 38% say it’s inaccurate data. High-quality website personalization software can help tackle these challenges. Webeo is a personalization software that tailors the appearance, language, content and greeting of your B2B website in real time. When a visitor lands on your site, Webeo creates dynamic website personalization based on the business IP address the user is visiting from. This is a revolutionary approach for B2B organizations — impress first-time visitors, current prospects, existing customers and dream clients, all with the power of bespoke website experiences. Greet visitors by name, use language that resonates with them, and display imagery that reminds them you’re an expert in their field. See your CRO, ROI, SEO ranking and customer relationships soar. Discover Webeo and book your free demonstration today.